Sunday, September 25, 2011

Creating a Geocache

Lazy times are coming. My head is full of thoughts but I don´t know a right way to get them out. A voice in my head whispers "Write, write!" while I´m giving priority to another stuff. It must be over. English is a top priority.

I´m a newbie in geocaching. The definitive place to start with this kind of entertainment is the website http://www.geocaching.com. I won´t write about the history, terminology, etc. There are many references everywhere. In short, a participant uses a GPS receiver to hide and seek containers which are called geocaches or caches. These caches vary in size, location, and difficulty.  

Yawa´s hand and a nano cache
I like creative caches and hate such thinking: "I was walking around this place and thinking that would be a good cache. So I hid one." And something similar uses to be a cache´s description, too. In my opinion, completely bad! But when the container isn´t a classic box, the treasure isn´t a classic small toy, this is a perfect cache. There is an example here and here. I don´t want to seek, I want to hide something like that. It would be creative. It would be something you want to show your friends. It would be a cache you don´t forget. If you walk around it, you´ll smile. It would be pretty cool. In spite of better opportunities of creating caches in the forest I´ve chosen place near my Alma Mater without any special reason. An exact idea for cache didn´t cross my mind, yet. I´m waiting for it, looking for other caches (inspiration) and enjoying this time :)

See you on the trails!

4 comments:

  1. So, it seems, you like the funny side of geocaching. I like the regular - "walkaround" caches too. I mean, not the caches themselves, but the idea of placing them. They take you to places worth of visiting. You find the description on the internet a go sightseeing to places you like, or to places in the nature. Geocaching supports tourism and halflazy people, like me, go and seek for fun/adrenaline/whatever and meanwhile seeking we are visiting these places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely have to connect our future meeting (Luba, Yawa, etc.) with geocaching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ve learned about geocaching from you but I ve never tried it myself. Hopefully I will be able to join you sometimes in geocaching activity :)

    I think English as your top priority is a good decision :) Thumb up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jaro: I´ve just found out there is some interesting cache near by your work. I´m a little busy next week. If you had time for this after All Saint´s Day, we could try to search your first geocache ever. Send me a message, don´t forget! We´ll talk and have a small walk, too. 3 in 1. I´ll be glad :)

    ReplyDelete