Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hello World!

The name of this blog “My Fight with English” can sound a little angry for strangers. English is the reason why I´m writing these letters. In the concrete – learning English, improving my language skills. I love this “fight”, it gives me a joy. The thought to know English at the perfect level is brilliant. And you, my dear reader, can see this way to my goal. It isn´t an unique dream, English is the mother tongue for millions of people. We others must learn. You can laugh if you want. The next unnecessary article. Or you can study with me. I´d be glad.

Now I´m listening my old CDs because of lyrics in English. When I catch few words, I smile. TV-series, films, books, a menu on my mobile phone, an operating system on my PC, notes of ideas and thoughts. That all in English. Two trimesters of the studying in the language school.

TOEFL is the minor reason. I want to have it, it´s a challenge. So I started reading the official book for this test. The section “Reading” and “Listening” were done. “Speaking” isn´t large. There are about 50 themes to write essays in the section “Writing”. The recommendation is to practice writing them. 30 minutes, 300 words. Now it´s 208 :) I don´t feel any big progress. My vocabulary and structure of sentences is poor. Maybe it requires more time, studying. I don´t know. The Best is living in English speaking country for any time period. Now it´s impossible, school is starting. The next holiday is in June. Then I´ll travel a lot. 

Difficult words, phrases, sentences don´t make me problem to understand. When I have to use it in the speech or writing, I´m out. Sometimes I watch on the perfect sentence and say myself: “You understand whole sentence and every word. Why couldn´t you write something like that?”  

What can you (approximately 5 readers :) ) expect on this page? There will be my practiced essays, experiences with preparatory books for TOEFL, other books for the improving a vocabulary, grammar. I like English idioms so maybe anything from this area. Recommended books for leisure time, too.

I must write, I must write, I must write. Reading and listening aren´t enough. There will be a lot of my articles in English. This place is perfect for the posting articles, I like computers.

Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment